You don’t see one player score five goals in a single match that often. But over the weekend, German International Miroslav Klose put the ball in the back at the net five times in a 6-0 Lazio thrashing over Bologna. Those five goals increased his season tally to 15 and helped keep the club alive as they hope to earn a qualifying spot for Europe this fall.
It might not be five goals, but Napoli’s Edinson Cavani scored three times to help defeat Inter Milan 3-1. The win ensured the club will take part in Europe’s premier club competition this fall. A win at Bologna or an AC Milan draw or loss to Pescara on Wednesday ensures direct qualification to the group stage.
There’s a two-horse race for first-place in Russia between CSKA Moskva and Zenit St. Petersburg. Over the weekend, Zenit’s Hulk scored a hat-trick as the club easily defeated relegated-bound Alania Vladikavkaz. With only three points separating first and second and (words deleted) only three matches left in the season, the battle for the Russian Premier League title should be a thrill to follow.
Starting XI (Playing 3-4-1-2)
- GK: Oliver Baumann – SC Freiburg (Germany)
- CB: Chico – Swansea City (England)
- CB: Ricardo Costa – Valencia CF (Spain)
- CB: Guillaume Gillet – Anderlecht (Belgium)
- CM: Apoño – Real Sociedad (Spain)
- CM: Balázs Dzsudzsák – Dinamo Moskva (Russia)
- CM: Christian Eriksen – Ajax (The Netherlands)
- CM: Mathieu Valbuena – Olympique de Marseille (France)
- CF: Miroslav Klose – Lazio (Italy)
- ST: Edinson Cavani – Napoli (Italy)
- ST: Hulk – Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia)
- GK: Benjamin Kirsten – Dynamo Dresden (Germany)
- CB: Lee Yong – Jeju United FC (Korea)
- RM: Danny Cruz – Philadelphia Union (USA)
- CM: Ed Upson – Yeovil Town (England)
- ST: Billy McKay – Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Scotland)
- ST: Gonzalo Bergessio – Catania (Italy)
- ST: Mariano Pavone – Cruz Azul (Mexico)
Check out the full squad here
The Team of the Week/is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.