Metro Orlando has received a lot of national praise lately. The region has been named a "best city for college grads" and a city that will "outpace the nation's job growth average". Here are a few of the recent accolades Orlando has received:
- Orlando is the first destination in the country to welcome more than 55 million visitors, according to Visit Orlando.
- Kiplinger has named Orlando as one of eight U.S. metropolitans to outpace the nation's 7 percent job growth average between now and 2017, with a projected job growth of 15 percent over the next five years.
- In a survey by CareerBliss.com, Orlando ranks eighth among the top 10 "Best Cities for College Grads."
- In Chief Executive's survey of CEO opinion of Best and Worst States in which to do business, Florida comes in at No. 2.
- Florida ranks #1 in the nation for talent pipeline and infrastructure, according to a report conducted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The Amway Center, home to the Orlando Magic, has been named "Facility of the Year" by Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily.