Talk about domination. Not only did Paris Saint-Germain’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic command the goal-scoring table in Lique 1 with 30 goals, chances are without his production up-front the club would not have won only their third league title and first since 1994. With this win, Ibrahimovic has been on a league winning club in The Netherlands, Italy, Spain and now France.
Whereas Ibrahimovic was leading the attack, it was Brazilian Thiago Silva that commanded PSG’s defense. The club only conceded 23 goals all season and his fine play factored in heavily on that side of the ball. He was named captain in only his first year with PSG, and he now has the attention of a few clubs across Europe that would absolutely love to take advantage of his defensive capabilities.
Mathieu Valbuena has been an important part of Olympique de Marseille since signing with the club back in 2006. This past year, he finished tied atop the Assist table with 12 and helped lead the club to a 2nd place finish this year. Although the club missed out on the title this year, expectations will be high for the club to win the league for the first time since 2010.
Starting XI (Playing 4-4-2)
- GK: Mickaël Landreau – SC Bastia
- LB: Benoît Trémoulinas – Bordeaux
- CB: Nicolas N’Koulou – Olympique Marsielle
- CB: Thiago Silva – PSG
- RB: Rod Fanni – Olympique Marsielle
- LM: Dimitri Payet – LOSC Lille
- CM: Florent Balmont – LOSC Lille
- CM: Blaise Matuidi – PSG
- RM: Mathieu Valbuena – Olympique Marsielle
- ST: Jérémie Aliadiere – FC Lorient
- ST: Zlatan Ibrahimović – PSG
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Yoann Thuram-Ulien – ES Troyes AC
- CB: Aurélien Chedjou – LOSC Lille
- CB: Mamadou Sakho – PSG
- CM: Didier Digard – Nice
- CM: Rémy Cabella – Montpellier SC
- CF: Jérémy Ménez – PSG
- ST: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – AS Saint-Etienne
The Team of the Week/Season is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW and TOTS items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.